If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (925) 426-2302

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold takes over Hayward home office

4/13/2017 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Mold takes over Hayward home office Mold in Home Office

Mold, what is it?

Mold (or mould) is a term used to refer to fungi that grow's in the form of multicellular thread-like structures called hyphae. Fungi that exist as single cells are called yeasts. Some molds and yeasts cause disease or food spoilage, others play an important role in biodegradation or in the production of various foods, beverages, antibiotics, and enzymes.

In our business, we deal with structure mold. Which is found in damp buildings and materials where it often appears like stains and comes in a variety of colors. A musty smell is an indication of microbial growth even when there is no visible growth. If mold is allowed to grow in homes or offices it can contribute to poor indoor air quality. Some molds such as the Dry Rot is highly destructive.

Common reasons for microbial growth. 

Mold's best friend is moisture. We often see people who run humidifiers in their homes and leave their windows closed. Other common reasons we see are roof and pipe leaks that have been leaking for a long period of time.

Mold hides behind walls, baseboards, and drywall. Not till there is a musty smell or a reason for materials to be removed from a property, do we see the Mold, what is it, and where does it come from?

How to get rid of it? 

“Only hire trained, qualified and certified professionals.  Affected areas should be contained and appropriate air filtration equipment should be set to protect occupants and property.  Non-restorable materials should be removed and all remaining structures should be appropriately dried and properly sanitized to eliminate mold issues”.

Other News

View Recent Posts