Sewage Cleanup and Removal
SERVPRO of Pleasanton/Dublin specializes in sewage damage cleanup to keep you and your loved ones safe. Sewage damage contains high amounts of harmful bacteria which pose serious health risks associated to you and your loved ones.. It’s important that you do not try to clean up a mess from broken pipes that are connected to a sewage line. Coming in contact with raw sewage can cause disease, can destroy your valuables and cause severe damage to your property. Only trained professionals with the right equipment should handle sewage removal.
Our certified restoration technicians are trained to clean, disinfect, and sanitize your property’s sewage damage, minimizing the risk of health hazards or further damage. We can remove, clean and repair the affected areas of your home or business. So, the next time you are in need of such services, call SERVPRO of Pleasanton/Dublin at 925-426-2302.
How to clean and disinfect
Covid Cleaning and disinfection services offered by SERVPRO of Pleasanton Dublin.
How to clean and disinfect
- Wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, then use disinfectant.
- Cleaning with soap and water reduces number of germs, dirt and impurities on the surface. Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- More frequent cleaning and disinfection may be required based on level of use.
- Surfaces and objects in public places, such as shopping carts and point of sale keypads should be cleaned and disinfected before each use.
- High touch surfaces include:
- Tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- Disinfect with a household disinfectant on List N: Disinfectants for use against SARs-CoV-2external icon, the virus that causes COVID 19.
Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product.
Many products recommend:
- Keeping surface wet for a period of time (see product label).
- Precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
Always read and follow the directions on the label to ensure safe and effective use.
- Wear skin protection and consider eye protection for potential splash hazards
- Ensure adequate ventilation
- Use no more than the amount recommended on the label
- Use water at room temperature for dilution (unless stated otherwise on the label)
- Avoid mixing chemical products
- Label diluted cleaning solutions
- Store and use chemicals out of the reach of children and pets
You should never eat, drink, breathe or inject these products into your body or apply directly to your skin as they can cause serious harm. Do not wipe or bathe pets with these products or any other products that are not approved for animal use.
See EPA’s 6 steps for Safe and Effective Disinfectant Useexternal icon
Special considerations should be made for people with asthma and they should not be present when cleaning and disinfecting is happening as this can trigger asthma exacerbations. Learn more about reducing asthma triggers.
- If products on List Nexternal icon are not available, diluted household bleach solutions can be used if appropriate for the surface. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.
- Use bleach containing 5.25%–8.25% sodium hypochlorite. Do not use a bleach product if the percentage is not in this range or is not specified.
- Follow the manufacturer’s application instructions for the surface, ensuring a contact time of at least 1 minute.
- Ensure proper ventilation during and after application.
- Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date.
- Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. This can cause fumes that may be very dangerous to breathe in.
- Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) of 5.25%–8.25% bleach per gallon of room temperature water OR
- 4 teaspoons of 5.25%–8.25% bleach per quart of room temperature water
- Bleach solutions will be effective for disinfection up to 24 hours.
- Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol may also be used.
For soft surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes
- Clean the surface using soap and water or with cleaners appropriate for use on these surfaces.
- Launder items (if possible) according to the manufacturer’s instructions.Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
For electronics, such as tablets, touch screens, keyboards, remote controls, and ATM machines
- Consider putting a wipeable cover on electronics.
- Follow manufacturer’s instruction for cleaning and disinfecting.
- If no guidance, use alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol. Dry surface thoroughly.
For clothing, towels, linens and other items
- Launder items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
- Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry from a person who is sick.
- Dirty laundry from a person who is sick can be washed with other people’s items.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Clean and disinfect clothes hampers according to guidance above for surfaces.
- Remove gloves, and wash hands right away.
Should you come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for the virus, you should call SERVPRO of Pleasanton/Dublin immediately to have your home or business disinfected by the professionals.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 925-426-2302.
Biohazard and who to call
Many people are not concerned with fire, water, mold or biohazard issues but these issues can happen when you least expect it. When it comes to biohazard the best practice is to call your local professional to come and take care of the issue. SERVPRO of Pleasanton/Dublin is one call away at 925-426-2302 and will make it like it never even happened.
Biohazard can be because of rodent droppings, human feces, blood, etc and with our state of the art equipment, cleaning agents and years of industry experience, we will show up and take care of business so you can go back to your normal life.
Should you, a neighbor or friend or anyone you know ever need a helping hand in a time of need, please don't hesitate to reach out!